BlueLijn

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Suitcases

I'm packing again. In my head, at least. I'm walking around the house putting mental stickers on furniture. What should I take? What is replaceable? Is it all replaceable? What will you want? I'm trying to pre-empt you. Do I agree with your choices? You know, the ones you don't know you've made yet. The ones you barely know you'll have to make.

I'm selecting again. Still in my head. What do I love? What do I choose? What do I want to define me? Those threads that I want to continue on. Things that pull at my heart when I step away. And suddenly I realise you'll have to do this too. Have to choose what you love above all reason. And I'm not sure what it will be.

I'm downsizing again. This is all about me. It's my head and I'm still in the centre. I'm the engine of change. I'm the drive behind it all. I wonder if you could sit here forever. I wonder how you live with someone who never sits. Who never rests. I'm shedding my skin again. I'm leaving behind. I'm looking out at tomorrow while you're driving through today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home